Money Available For Sporting Clubs In Moorabool
Council is now inviting Expressions of Interest from Clubs wishing to apply for funding through Sport and Recreation Victoria’s Community Sports Infrastructure Fund (CSIF).
The Community Sports Infrastructure Fund is a Victorian Government funding program that helps provide high quality, accessible community sport and recreation facilities across Victoria by encouraging:
- Increased sport and recreation participation for all Victorians
- Increased female and junior participation
- Increased access to sport and recreation opportunities
- Better planning of sport and recreation facilities
- Innovative sport and recreation facilities
- Environmentally sustainable facilities
- Universally designed facilities.
- The Community Sports Infrastructure Fund provides grants for planning, building new, and improving existing facilities where communities conduct, organise and participate in sport and recreation.
Minor Facilities – Grants of up to $100,000 for any one project (where the total project cost is up to $1,000,000 excluding GST) are available for community sport and recreation groups, working in partnership with local government, to develop or upgrade community sport and recreation facilities.
Cricket Facilities – Grants of up to $100,000 are available to assist local councils, cricket associations and local cricket clubs to upgrade and develop cricket specific club infrastructure including new buildings, grounds, and training facilities.
Female Friendly Facilities – Grants of up to $100,000 are available to build new and upgrade existing, outdated change facilities at sports clubs around the state that cater for female sport, with a focus on promoting female and family friendly environments.
To apply to this program, clubs must submit an Expression of Interest form to Council. CSIF guidelines and Club Expression of Interest forms are available from the Sport and Recreation Victoria Grants web site: http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/community-sports-infrastructure-fund
Projects consistent with Council’s Recreation and Leisure Strategy 2016-2021 are encourage to express interest
Expressions of Interest must be submitted to Council by 5pm, Monday 16 May 2016.
Prior to submitting an Expression of Interest to Council, I would strongly encourage you to contact Councils Recreation Development Officer on 5366 7100 or via e-mail [email protected] to discuss your project further.